Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken & Butter Bean Chili

So, Now that I am trying to eat better and lose this Mama-Belly.... I am also trying to cook better. We substitute chicken for beef, and we try to hide.... I mean INCORPORATE more vegetables whenever possible.

I have been making an effort to cook more, because it was something that was bothering me. Working the 4pm to midnight shift makes it HARD to cook a meal for your family. But, as Mama, I find it very much takes away part of the feeling that you are helping to sustain your children and your man.

I made Taco Soup last week, and it was a huge hit in our house! After a raid of what we had in our freezer and our cupboard, I decided to try and make my own chili. I am usually fairly decent at whipping up recipes in my head and making a meal. But, chili is scary. (LOL)

After a lunch time taste test, the verdict::: SUCCESS!

So, if you would like to know how it was made....here you go!

:::Most of the ingredients I used:::

You will need:::
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Butter Beans
Your choice of Tomato Sauce
Chicken stock (or bullion cubes & water, as I used)
Chili mix
Tabasco Sauce
Adobo
Sea Salt
Chili Powder
Flour
&&&& a crock pot

(1) Open and drain butter beans and place in crock pot.
(2) Place WHOLE chicken breasts into crock pot
(3) Add a half a jar of tomato sauce, and then fill with enough water to cover the two ingredients completely
(4) Pour in  Chili MIX
(5) Place on HIGH for 4-5 hours
(6) Open lid of crock pot, and mash the mixture. The butter beans will mash easily and the chicken will shred.
(7) Add Sea Salt, Tabasco Sauce, Chili powder, and Adobo to taste.
(8) Allow to cook for 1 more hour.
(9) Add flour to thicken the chili
(10) Pour into a bowl, sprinkle on some shredded cheese, and olives and ENJOY!!!!

:::BON APPETIT!:::

0 comments:

Post a Comment